Pumpkin SourCocktail recipe
Can you make this?
Add the ingredients you have at home to your My Bar and we'll show you what cocktails you can make. Start off by adding the ingredients you have for this cocktail using the plus icons.
Snap your bar
Take a photo of what you’ve got, we’ll categorise it and let you know if you can make this cocktail, or a riff of it.Snap photo
- First you need to make the spiced pumpkin syrup
- In a saucepan, add a cup of brown sugar, a cup of water, half a cup of pumpkin purée, and a teaspoon each of nutmeg, ginger, allspice and cinnamon
- Over medium heat until slightly thickened
- Remove from the heat and place a vanilla pod into the syrup and chill overnight
- Strain through a cheesecloth and store in a covered container, in a fridge, for up to one week
- Combine the bourbon, lemon juice, egg whites and pumpkin syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake well then strain into a rocks-filled rocks glass
- Garnish with ground nutmeg, a cherry and Angostura bitters
Your private tasting notes
Cocktails enhance special occasions, none more so than at Halloween! Just imagine, in a forgotten town, Count Vlad hosts a...
Upgrade your mixology
Become a member for free taking your cocktail making skills up to level 11.
- Save your bar forever
- Access to our Cocktail Creator, allowing you to create your own wonderful concoctions.
- Save cocktails to personalised 'Tried' and 'Want to try' lists
- Create and record tasting notes on cocktails
- Create lists of cocktails to share with friends and family
- A pesonalised MyBar URL, allowing you to share everything you can make with friends
- And much more ... (what to buy next, measurement choices, search personalisation...)
You might also like
Benton’s Old Fashioned
Created by Don Lee from PDT bar in New York.
The Whisky Sour is a classic cocktail that has been enjoyed for over a century, with a history that dates...
Created by Ron Oliver, at The Diamond in Vancouver.
The Horse's Neck is a classic cocktail that dates back to the late 1800s. It was originally made with just...
Create a cocktail
Choose a theme and some ingredients, give us some description and we'll create an amazing cocktail for you.
Register as a Premium Make Me A Cocktail community member and get access to an even more powerful creator.Start creating