Since I prefer fresh cocktails over sweet ones, I really wanted to create a fresh cocktail with a different sweetner as usual; resulting in the use of agave syrup. The Anisette gives an extra flavour to the cocktail, but is not too overpowering. The end result is a fresh, unique cocktail with a bit sourness from the lime rim. (We did win the competion, too.)
Add all ingredients to the shaker and shake and then DOUBLE fine strain by using two fine strainers to remove the mint leaves as good as possible (some tiny bits of mint leaves will end up in the glass, but that's no dealbreaker).
As garnish use a mint sprig and a lime zest, hanging from the glass or make a lime spiral around the stem of the glass. Optional garnish is a lime rim (without any salt) for some extra sourness.
Optional: instead of agave syrup, use some high quality honey.
Add to a list
You need to be a member in create and edit lists
Already a member?
Add to basket
- 20mlLime Juice ()
- 5-7 leaves and mint sprig (for garnish)Mint Leaves ()
- 1 lime to create a lime spiral from the zestLime ()
- 7mlAgave syrup ()
- 15mlAnisette ()
- 60mlMonkey Shoulder Scotch Whiskey ()
Add to My Bar
- 20mlLime Juice
- 5-7 leaves and mint sprig (for garnish)Mint Leaves
- 1 lime to create a lime spiral from the zestLime
- 7mlAgave syrup
- 60mlMonkey Shoulder Scotch Whiskey