The 1951 Martini (aka 1951 Chicago Martini)
Cocktail recipe1 Cocktail PT2M PT2M
- #44 / 302 in Gin Cocktails
- see all...
- #24 / 144 in Cointreau Cocktails
- #13 / 37 in Dry Vermouth Cocktails
- 10 ml Cointreau10 ml Cointreau0.1 Cointreau10 Cointreau10 ml Cointreau0.35 Cointreau
- 90 ml Gin90 ml Gin0.9 Gin90 Gin90 ml Gin3.15 Gin
- 15 ml Dry Vermouth15 ml Dry Vermouth0.15 Dry Vermouth15 Dry Vermouth15 ml Dry Vermouth0.5 Dry Vermouth
In an iced tin, stir a healthy splash of vermouth to coat the cubes and dissolve any cheeky shards of ices, discard the liquid, retaining the ice. Pour in between 60 and 90 mls of Gin, I like Tanqueray, but decide for yourself. The amount of gin should reflect your thirst and the size of your vessel. Strain into the aromatised glass and adorn with an anchovy stuffed olive.
The oily film of liqueur, the funky anchovy in the olive, the dryness of the martini. Damn this drink works.
Found In Lists
Notice an error? Let us know
Thankyou for your email, we'll look at the issue as soon as we can.
Activity on this cocktail
Add to a list
You need to be a member in create and edit lists. Register here
Already a member? Login.
Add to basket
- 10 ml CointreauCointreau ()
- 90 ml GinGin ()
- 15 ml Dry VermouthDry Vermouth ()
Add to My Bar
- 10 ml CointreauCointreau
- 90 ml GinGin
- 15 ml Dry VermouthDry Vermouth