Cocktail recipe1 Cocktail PT2M PT2M cocktail, Brandy, Lemon, Orange, Sugar, Red Wine, Cinnamon, Cloves, Anisette
- #17 / 88 in Brandy Cocktails
- see all...
- #6 / 78 in Lemon Cocktails
- #5 / 56 in Orange Cocktails
- #27 / 123 in Sugar Cocktails
- #4 / 22 in Red Wine Cocktails
- #13 / 45 in Cinnamon Cocktails
- #5 / 15 in Cloves Cocktails
- #1 / 2 in Anisette Cocktails
You can buy mulled wine at every German Christmas market, but how about making your own spiced wine at home?
- 8 oz Brandy8 oz Brandy24 cl Brandy240 ml Brandy8 oz Brandy8 oz Brandy
- 1 parts Lemon1 parts Lemon1 cl Lemon1 ml Lemon1 parts Lemon1 oz Lemon
- 3 parts Orange3 parts Orange3 cl Orange3 ml Orange3 parts Orange3 oz Orange
- 3 tbsp Sugar3 tbsp Sugar3 cl Sugar3 ml Sugar3 tbsp Sugar3 oz Sugar
- 750 ml Red Wine750 ml Red Wine75 cl Red Wine750 ml Red Wine750 ml Red Wine25 oz Red Wine
- 6 parts Cinnamon6 parts Cinnamon6 cl Cinnamon6 ml Cinnamon6 parts Cinnamon6 oz Cinnamon
- 8-10 parts Cloves8-10 parts Cloves8 cl Cloves8 ml Cloves8-10 parts Cloves8 oz Cloves
- 3-5 parts Anisette3-5 parts Anisette3 cl Anisette3 ml Anisette3-5 parts Anisette3 oz Anisette
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Pour the red wine into a large pot and begin heating over low heat (don't boil).
Add (6)cinnamon sticks , (8-10) whole cloves, sugar, and(3-5 whole) anis (and optional ingredients to taste- cardamom, nutmeg, brandy).
Heat thouroughly, then add the sliced oranges(3 slices) and whole lemon (sliced).
Simmer the mixture about 45 minutes over low heat (make sure not to boil the wine).
Have a try and add more sugar if you want to; then strain and serve the drink hot in prewarmed glasses or mugs.
Garnish with orange slices or a cinnamon stick and enjoy your traditional German mulled wine.
This recipe is very flexible - if you like your mulled wine sweeter, just add more sugar; if you want it stronger, add some brandy or rum. You can also experiment with other spices, such as bay leaves or ginger, or you can put some kumquats (mini oranges) into the glasses.
Found In User's Cocktail Lists
Notice an error? Let us know
Thankyou for your email, we'll look at the issue as soon as we can.
Activity on this cocktail
Add to a list
You need to be a member in create and edit lists. Register here
Already a member? Login.
Add to basket
- 8 oz BrandyBrandy ()
- 1 parts LemonLemon ()
- 3 parts OrangeOrange ()
- 3 tbsp SugarSugar ()
- 750 ml Red WineRed Wine ()
- 6 parts CinnamonCinnamon ()
- 8-10 parts ClovesCloves ()
- 3-5 parts AnisetteAnisette ()
Add to My Bar
- 8 oz BrandyBrandy
- 1 parts LemonLemon
- 3 parts OrangeOrange
- 3 tbsp SugarSugar
- 750 ml Red WineRed Wine
- 6 parts CinnamonCinnamon
- 8-10 parts ClovesCloves
- 3-5 parts AnisetteAnisette