Cocktail recipe1 Cocktail PT2M PT2M
- #100 / 298 in Gin Cocktails
- see all...
- #36 / 47 in Orange Bitters Cocktails
- #8 / 50 in Vermouth Cocktails
- #3 / 8 in Olives Cocktails
One popular theory suggests it evolved from a cocktail called the Martinez served at the Occidental Hotel in San Francisco sometime in the early 1860s, which people frequented before taking an evening ferry to the nearby town of Martinez. Alternatively, the people of Martinez say the drink was first created by a bartender in their town.
Another theory links the first dry martini to the name of a bartender who concocted the drink at the Knickerbocker Hotel in New York City in 1911 or 1912."
- 5 cl Gin5 cl Gin5 cl Gin50 ml Gin5 cl Gin1.67 oz Gin
- Dash Orange BittersDash Orange BittersDash Orange BittersDash Orange BittersDash Orange BittersDash Orange Bitters
- 1.5 cl Vermouth1.5 cl Vermouth1.5 cl Vermouth15 ml Vermouth1.5 cl Vermouth0.5 oz Vermouth
- 1 Olives1 Olives1 Olives1 Olives1 Olives1 Olives
Found In Lists
Notice an error? Let us know
Thankyou for your email, we'll look at the issue as soon as we can.
Activity on this cocktail
Add to a list
You need to be a member in create and edit lists. Register here
Already a member? Login.
Add to basket
- 5 cl GinGin ()
- Dash Orange BittersOrange Bitters ()
- 1.5 cl VermouthVermouth ()
- 1 OlivesOlives ()
Add to My Bar
- 5 cl GinGin
- Dash Orange BittersOrange Bitters
- 1.5 cl VermouthVermouth
- 1 OlivesOlives